Saturday, January 22, 2011

Some maintenance underway.

A few months ago I was toying with the idea of selling my beloved Landy. Since then, I decided to keep her and fix her up... I figured it would help to sell her if I changed my mind again and I would enjoy her a lot more in the meantime!

Well, as some of you know, we had a little mishap last winter. It was December '09 to be exact during one of the worst snow storms the area has seen. The top half of a big pine snapped off and plummeted 50 feet right down onto the roof of my Landy. The tree was an easy 14" in diameter but to my girl's credit, she took it like a man! I was certain that not only was the roof (which is just aluminum, by the way) beyond repair, I figured that the sides and back would be totally smushed and all the glass broken out as well. After the storm passed and I got the chainsaw out, very much to my surprise, not only where the sides and back not messed up, nor was any glass so much as cracked, the rear door still opened and closed flawlessly. The only damage was a dent in the roof itself! I was amazed. Fortunately, these babies are made to be bolted and unbolted into pieces in the field, so a replacement roof swap was easy and affordable!


It sat like that for a little while until the weather cleared enough to work on the tree issue. A little bath, and she was almost back to normal.

No comments: