Saturday, January 22, 2011

Out of one shop, into another :)

It was almost exactly 4 years ago today when Jill and I went to Virginia to pick up my Landy! And about a year ago the tree fell on her (the Landy, not Jill) and I've driven her very little since. To be honest, it was psychologically tough for me to drive her after the tree incident. It took a while for me to come around, but several months ago I decided to get her back on the road more. As I stated before, we've recently been getting some work done on her... once we had the roof replaced (which came complete with an old "ohm" sticker :) ), we had the clutch replaced as it had frozen in place for the couple of wet months she sat parked. We also had the front brakes done while it was in the shop. How long did this take? Nearly two and a half months! Why? Beats me! The shop owner had some new lame excuse as to why he'd not gotten to it EVERY time I called. It got really old really fast. The best part? He raped us for over two thousand dollars for the work. Wow. Needless to say, a few weeks after we got the car back and she needed a new water pump, we took her elsewhere. Lucky for us there's more than one shop in Asheville that specializes in old Land Rovers.... what are the odds? We're also having the mechanic check the brakes and clutch work that the other guy did because we're not convinced the job was even completed to satisfaction. Here's a shot with the new roof after a little snow a couple of weeks ago.


No comments: